Friday, August 14, 2009

Here comes my Phd project!

It is 4.40pm. I am waiting for my "mummy" to spare sometimes on my current project. I am going to show her my web design and the interfaces which I have put a lot of effort on it last three months.

At last, I am asked to enter her room to demo my project. I have planned well and be well prepared. The demostration lasts only 5 minutes. I know I have make enough materials to surprise her.

She is going to take leave next week. I take the chance to tell her my project`s problem. It is mainly the hardware problem. Having enough of programming skills but still the PC in pasca room are far to be consider as good workstation for my "presentation". I ask Dr to setup cluster computers. She have agreed with me.

In the same time, she also finally show me my long-waits phd project. It is actually a huge project in INBIOSIS. Involves almosts every lecturers in BsBt, FST. The project is known as Arus Perdana. Something involves metabolics study in omics level. Yup, it is known as metabolomics.

The projects involve wet labs in MGI, whereas dry lab in INBIOSIS. As I skim on the proposals, it takes about 10 years to finish the project if everythings work well as in the proposal. The computational part (dry lab) will take almosts 5-6 years. My phd project will be the computational parts. Building pipelines, databases, integrated systems. I have been shocked with the objectives to be achieved.

Seems like I will not be free for the next few years. God, do bless me have a fluent progress. I would certainly be very appreciated on that.

Roll out! KK. I can do it!

3 comments: