Monday, June 15, 2009

Third week as RA in INBIOSIS


Starting from 11th of June, I have finally acquired my bachelor degree from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)!
When I was about to click on the show result link in SMPWEB, UKM`s student academic management site, I am very nervous...
"what I am going to get in my last semester in UKM?"



That`s question keeps on emerging in my mind. For the first time, I do dream that I may get a 4.00 in the last semester. How good it is if it is the truth.. haha... My daydreaming habits had became seriously at that moment.. I have already been told that one of my major is going to be A-... cell molecular biology... how poor it is.

I thought I may get an A for sign language but it appears to be another A- too... So 4 subjects... 2 A- and 2 A, that`s my final result. Not too good and not too bad at all, wasn`t it?

Thats drew up the beautiful fullstop in my undergraduate life in UKM. After my painful experience in second year, everythings seems going back to its original track pace now. Glad to have that improvements.

That was my second weeks to work as research assistant in INBIOSIS while the results is released. I have been assigned a challenging task from my faithful Dr Zeti. To prepare the final paper for my EST pipeline! This is going to be my second research paper soon.
However, the problem is, the pipeline is very competitive. Just 2 months, there have been great improvements in the field. New algorithms and programs are popped out like the mushrooms after the raining. I have to refine my pipeline, look for new possible developments.

This week is my third week to work in INBIOSIS. Dr Zeti have assigned me another task.. That is to be the server admin in INBIOSIS. I have finally have my own working office or perhaps better to say it is a lab. Haha...cool!

The room is known as instrumental room, which hosts three servers in INBIOSIS. I am going to setup the Windows-platform one, and keep an eyes on the other Mac-based server.

In order to keep the server cool, perhaps due to their 24/7 working hours, the air-cond is set to 10 degree... very cool man! And yes, my lab is in air-cond... the coolest one..haha!



The servers in the instrumental room are all producing annoying noise while running... I think I need to bring and headset while working in there later and one more thing is my jacket off course!
Having a new room to work and two PC to stand beside me... that is nothing better than that...






3 comments:

  1. wow!!impressed..speechless..congratulations kk!!u deserved all that for ur very hard effort..
    really jealous..u're so lucky..haha..
    niway, i'm very proud to be one of ur coursemate=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed too... But it is all the hardwork you've been going through all this while. And do bring your jacket... 1o degrees is darn cold in there, provided the room is small... Maybe 1 is not enough.. LOL.. but you will get use to it eventually. :P

    All the best in your future undertakings...

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, sounds like tough stuff, kk. hope you enjoy it. don't be too stressed.

    ReplyDelete